Power-Packed Green Smoothie Recipe
I have been creating delicious smoothies as a part of my wellness regimen for years. Today I want to share with you my favorite power-packed green smoothie recipe in hopes you will give it a try.
Here are the ingredient categories for my smoothies:
- Vitamins, minerals, and supplements
- I begin with a large glass, approximately 16 oz, of filtered water.
- Because I do not ingest animal protein (with the exception of eggs), I choose an organic, vegan protein powder as my source. I use one heaping scoop.
- For fat, more often than not, I choose one-half ripe Hass avocado. If I don’t have any avocado, I use a heaping tablespoon of organic almond butter.
- For additional supplementation, I add a hefty squirt of MCT oil (a healthy fat). And, I always supplement with two tablespoons of marine collagen powder.
- The world is your oyster in terms of vegetables, but when making a green smoothie, I most often use kale, chard, and/or spinach.
- For fruit, I lean toward berries, but I always have bags of frozen organic fruit on-hand, such as mango or pineapple. I especially like to use frozen fruit during the summer as a refreshing treat.
- Ginger. Peel about a one-inch square of ginger and toss that in. Turmeric too, about a teaspoon.
- I alternate between ground flax seeds and chia seeds for additional nutritional support and texture.
Toss everything into a blender, and Presto! ~ you have a wonderful meal that your body will thank you for.